Wednesday, June 26, 2024

CHIMNEY SMOKE

 CHIMNEY SMOKE

Some things naturally make you feel warm 

Blazing orange rugs

Steaming hot chocolate

Friends and relations huddled in front of a fire


Wish I were home

Where the smiles came freely

There were always reasons for the changing seasons 

When I looked in my mother's eyes


Living in the city where the faces look so cold

Everyone checks his watch

Obsessed by appointments and numbers of units sold


I want to shoot holes in these damn neon signs

I want to lay down

This heavy burden and this yoke, 

To smell the smell of chimney smoke

To watch its warmth curl into the brisk air


Some things naturally make you feel warm

Wish I were home where the smiles came freely

There were always reasons for the changing seasons 

When I looked in my mother's eyes.


-Bruce Potts

Copyright 2024

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

No comments:

Post a Comment

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT The stars in your eyes, love, I tried them on for size. They shone as bright as diamonds, how they mesmerized. And when...