Wednesday, June 26, 2024

LONERS

LONERS

Loners live in their own special palaces

High up in their minds

They spin ambitious dreams.

Dreams that swirl and nest in the clouds

And loners seldom find comfort

Or shelter in the crowds


Help me find the cool breeze

Of my sought for shelter.

Give me a whirlwind to call my own.

Open up your loving arms 

And call this loner home.


Loners fly in their own silent spaces.

High up in their minds

They sail the rough and rocky seas

And loners seldom pay homage

To romance and its callings.


Help me love your tender body 

In my sought for passion.

Give me a kiss to call my own.

Open up your longed for lips

And call this loner home


Loners live in their own special palaces

High up in their minds

They dance with their own shadows.

Flying so high they skirt the clouds

And loners seldom find comfort

Or shelter in the crowds.


Build me my own palace,

That I can call my own

Be my erotic architect,

Show me your grand building plans,

A firm foundation on dry land

Do not let me live alone,

Gather me up in gracious hands

And call this loner home.


-Bruce Potts

Copyright 2024

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

No comments:

Post a Comment

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT The stars in your eyes, love, I tried them on for size. They shone as bright as diamonds, how they mesmerized. And when...