Sunday, September 6, 2026

SURPRISES

SURPRISES  

Yellow faced sky and those pinkish clouds of day

That always gather before the sunset sinks and fades,

Reflecting into the murk of a lackadaisical river.

Children with fat faces

Watch their reflections 

Bulge in the rippling waves.

Snowmen romp in the ninety degree heat

And the dead are holding 

Relay races in the cemeteries.

The mice are eating cats

And the vampires turn into bats

And fly into the sunshine 

Away from the security ot their dark, hollow caves.

And under a smiling shady tree,

I read a letter from my lover

Written in teardrops and crayons

That says 'I love you, I'm coming on the evening flight"

Wine-faced sky, my love's returning,

Surprises light approaching night.


-Bruce Potts

Copyright 2026

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

No comments:

Post a Comment

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT The stars in your eyes, love, I tried them on for size. They shone as bright as diamonds, how they mesmerized. And when...