Tuesday, June 25, 2024

VISIONS

VISIONS 

I saw visions

When I was prostrate on the ground

Asking the world why


Get up, came the murmur of the clouds

Sail on, came the whisper of the sea.

Blood dried from my wounds

Beneath the welcome sun

With the universe I was made one


I saw visions

God stretched out

On a beautiful chaise lounge in the sky

The saints all held martinis 

With olives very dry


Fly by, came the murmur of the angels

Rise above, came the clamor of the wise

Tears dried from my flooded eyes

Wiped away by the welcome sun

With the universe I was made one


I saw visions, full of light, puffy as sky

When I was prostrate on the ground

Asking the world why


-Bruce Potts

Copyright 2024

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

No comments:

Post a Comment

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT The stars in your eyes, love, I tried them on for size. They shone as bright as diamonds, how they mesmerized. And when...