Sunday, June 30, 2024

STUFF OF DREAMS

 STUFF OF DREAMS

(FOR KYLE)

You and I are the stuff of dreams,

So take a look behind the scenes.

Our love shines bright as new spun gold,

A flash of color brash and bold.


You and I are the treasure found,

On every fearless stomping ground,

A diamond shining in the rough,

That gratifies and is enough.


 I feel your witness in the night,

Your kisses bathe and satisfy,

Healing in their own sweet time,

My life that once turned on a dime.


I feel your breath upon my neck,

Cologne so heady and so fine,

The pheromones explode in me,

Combustion working overtime.


And even through the days that maim,

The minutes lost to things mundane

Our love's the prize that others lack 

In life's big box of Cracker Jack.


You and I are the stuff of dreams,

So take a look at happy schemes,

A love that shines like new spun gold,

A flash of color brash and bold.


-Bruce Potts

Copyright 2024

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

No comments:

Post a Comment

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT The stars in your eyes, love, I tried them on for size. They shone as bright as diamonds, how they mesmerized. And when...