Sunday, June 30, 2024

SOMETHING HIDDEN

SOMETHING HIDDEN

 I do not take the plunge downward

To the streets of homeless bonfires

And the lure of unspoken suicides


A silent river night

Courses through my shivering jellied veins

And I walk the cat strewn alleys

Of life's tentative second dawning.


I do not fire the pistol 

To send my troubled head

Over the mountains where there is cheap refuge.

I take the gamble

And each new breath

Into these bewildered and frazzled lungs


I do not end it all

For who but God knows

Why life is clothed in shady robes

And there may be something hidden

Buried beneath our memories and perfumes 


Who but God knows

And there just may be a lantern

Somewhere past these heavy waves

Beyond these crafty currents


-Bruce Potts

Copyright 2024

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

No comments:

Post a Comment

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT The stars in your eyes, love, I tried them on for size. They shone as bright as diamonds, how they mesmerized. And when...