Friday, May 17, 2024

ON THE BANKS OF NOWHERE

ON THE BANKS OF NOWHERE

On the banks of nowhere I stand

At the end of all thought and puzzled 

Is there such a thing as serendipity,

For a lost bedraggled soul like me.


All the changes I thought I'd carved

Blow back like dust into my face

Blinding my eyes while pleading their case.


Somewhere is a place I left behind 

Unwillingly, with a heavy heart and mind

Who I was has been strangled by the forces of time

Who I was walks ghost like as the church bells clang and chime.

Slowly I crawl, my time to slowly squander.

Through the half deserted streets,

I ramble and I wander.


Autumn winds caress the earth with leaves that drape and fly,

Winter winds chill, clouds are stone cold slurpees in the sky

Should I chafe and think the worst, for I cannot slake this dreadful thirst,

I stand alone in the driving rain, hole in my heart I cannot explain.


On the banks of nowhere I contemplate the end

Singing dirges to the stagnant air.

On the banks of nowhere I stand

At the end of all thought, and puzzled 

Where did all the gallant deeds fly

They are lost to the frigid sky

Forever they will drown, amidst the choking clouds.


-Bruce Potts

Copyright 2024

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

No comments:

Post a Comment

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT The stars in your eyes, love, I tried them on for size. They shone as bright as diamonds, how they mesmerized. And when...