Friday, May 24, 2024

A TALE OF TWO SISTERS

 A TALE OF TWO SISTERS

One sister lived in the kitchen,

The other resided in the bedroom.

They were for the most part quite dignified and unassuming,

Though sometimes they would babble nonsense

When answering questions that were posed to them.


The one residing in the kitchen suffered a terrible spell 

I was forced to pull the plug and then plugged it back in

Just to see what might happen.

Still the sister in the kitchen remained unresponsive 

Though she still emitted a pale blue glow

What this signified, if anything, I did not know.


I went back to the bedroom to the sibling and laid my heart bare,

My dear, I think your sister is dying.

To which she replied lackadaisically,

Hmm, I'm not sure..

Such a weird, cold response to the news of a sibling's death

Bite your tongue, Alexa Number One,


-Bruce Potts

Copyright 2024

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED


Note: No artificial intelligences were harmed in the production of this poem, You'll be glad to hear that after a couple days of R&R, Alexa #2 has, in fact, rallied and answers at least some questions intelligibly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT The stars in your eyes, love, I tried them on for size. They shone as bright as diamonds, how they mesmerized. And when...