Friday, March 1, 2024

FORMULAS

 FORMULAS

Everyone has a scheme 

Everyone has the perfect formula

The good life jumps in their palms.

Their planning soothes and calms

(I am far from taking credit 

for the pathway to glory.)


They smile perfect smiles

Tell me where I am wrong

Sprawl their formulas before my eyes

And point me to the nearest skies


Why the emptiness?

Why the agony?

Why the ugliness?

 Why the apathy?


Something is wrong with my mind they say

Everyone has the  perfect formula.

And I think I just flunked life.


-Bruce Potts

Copyright 2024

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

No comments:

Post a Comment

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT The stars in your eyes, love, I tried them on for size. They shone as bright as diamonds, how they mesmerized. And when...