Saturday, February 24, 2024

LIVING, BREATHING KEEPSAKE

LIVING, BREATHING  KEEPSAKE

(FOR KYLE, FOR YOUR BIRTHDAY)

Serenade me, captivating lover

In the morning, in the meadow

The greenery of glory

Touch me in a carnival of daffodils 


Blow out the candles, your birthday's today.

Blow out the candles, you blow me away.


You are

 My lucky break

My first and last mistake

My living, breathing keepsake.


Put your body dangerously near mine

Where I can explore the wanderlust

The moon dust

The dream chamber.

All that speaks in the morning is you

I am never without you since I chose you as my own

I am awed by the power of love you have shown

When we touch I feel like I could fly

And every little kiss just gets me closer to the sky


I meet you, enchanted lover

In the cotton fields of lost Elysian summers

I meet you spiritually on the bridge, rainbow clear 

Of wanderlust

Moon dust

Where dreams are spindled like cotton candy


So blow out the candles, your birthday's today,

Blow out the candles, for you blow me away


You are

My lucky break

My first and last mistake

My living, breathing keepsake.


-Bruce Potts

Copyright 2024

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

No comments:

Post a Comment

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT The stars in your eyes, love, I tried them on for size. They shone as bright as diamonds, how they mesmerized. And when...