Wednesday, June 15, 2011

SWEET CHANGE

SWEET CHANGE

Blossoms pink and petals white adorn the path I tread.
I think upon the days gone by, the evil times my soul has fled.

The days that guilt was a constant friend,
The nights that just refused to bend,
The calendar where every square
Was black and poisoned nightshade.

And I marvel just how Fate arranged and how it ushered through.
The sweet change that swept over me in the aftermath of finding you.

A young man with a smile so keen and a head of soft blond hair,
I knew you were my destiny when you took me unawares.

Flowers fresh of every hue decorate the path I walk.
My pumpkin’s turned into a coach, and Jack has climbed the beanstalk.

My life once so pedestrian, rife with ruts and potholes,
Shimmers like an amethyst that has shook my very soul.

Your fingers like a ring of keys on some brave night watchman’s belt
Unlocked my spirit with their touch and caused my heart to melt.

A bower full of fragrant trees is now my resting place
And springtime shares its bounty when I behold your face.

And I marvel just how Fate stepped in and how it ushered through,
The sweet change that swept over me, in the aftermath of finding you.

-Bruce Potts
Copyright 2011
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

No comments:

Post a Comment

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT The stars in your eyes, love, I tried them on for size. They shone as bright as diamonds, how they mesmerized. And when...