Monday, May 23, 2011

STEM THE RAGING TIDE

STEM THE RAGING TIDE

Storms kick up, like a fetus in the belly.
Sapping what’s left of my phantom strength,
Turning my legs to jelly.

Without your kisses sacred sweet,
The water fills my paper boat
And Fate soon bares its jagged teeth
And grabs me by the throat.

And only you can bring the calm,
And only you can tame the sea,
And turn the skies to crystal clear,
To set the captive free.

Lightning cracks its glittering whip,
A sadomasochistic trip
That leaves its welts and bruises tattooed upon my back,
A strange, grotesque reminder that my life has gone off track.

A train wreck set to happen, a jockey on an errant horse,
A rollercoaster run amok, a missile fired off course.

Only you can take and mold
This helpless and misshapen clay
Into a man of towering strength
And catapult him through the day.

Storms kick up, like a fetus in my belly,
Sapping what’s left of my fractured strength
Turning my limbs to jelly.

The lightning cracks, the thunder roars
And Death waits just outside my door.

But you are there just like before,
Standing steadfast by my side,
To stem the raging tide.

-Bruce Potts
Copyright 2011
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

No comments:

Post a Comment

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT The stars in your eyes, love, I tried them on for size. They shone as bright as diamonds, how they mesmerized. And when...