Wednesday, July 7, 2010

SUNSET OF SUBURBIA

SUNSET OF SUBURBIA

Dusk comes humidly to the hill,
the hill I now call home.

And the haze of an evening sunset
forms in the sky alone.

My lover and I, we are at peace,
granite countertops and everything shiny new.

As we seal the grout, clean out the garage,
making room for a car or two.

The future beckons, wrapped in a bow of clear sky blue.

Here in Wakeland, where I dare to sleep and dream,
where the days end early and the nightbirds sing.

And all is well, just as my lover promised it would be,
when he broadened my vision, helping me to see.

So here I lie on luxurious sheets,
and watch the sunset of Suburbia sweet.

Dusk comes sticky as a post-it note of gratitude,
flowing to the universe in a calm and cooling mood.

As the sun dips low in the far horizon,
may all our nights fall sweet as this one.

-Bruce Potts
Copyright 2010
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

No comments:

Post a Comment

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT The stars in your eyes, love, I tried them on for size. They shone as bright as diamonds, how they mesmerized. And when...