Saturday, February 13, 2010

YOUR OVERWHELMING KINDNESS

YOUR OVERWHELMING KINDNESS

Your smile it lights the tunnels dark
My heart in anguish burrows through.

I see it in the crystal ball,
The words you say, the deeds you do.

Sometimes I’m lost in tunnel vision,
Other times just suffer blindness.
But most times I’m just blown away
By your overwhelming kindness.

On the threshold of the storm that sprays
The rain upon the old front porch.
The thunder roars, the lightning cracks,
Framing my life in its fiery torch.

Sometimes I’m caught in the swiftest downpours,
Sometimes felled by the vengeful sky,
Until your overwhelming kisses
Bring comfort by and by.

Wildflowers bright in fragrant meadows,
Swirling vistas, dreamscapes fair.
The late night walks arm in arm
Down some enchanted thoroughfare.

The roses blooming at Versailles,
The rainbows nestled in your eyes.
The tunes you whistle as you drive,
Reverberate in sweet surprise
Along the paths we’ve traveled.
I stand awestruck before you,
Life’s mysteries unraveled.

Through the deep expanse of time,
Through the long and sleepless nights,
I cling to you my one sure thing,
With an undiminished appetite.

Your smile it lights the compass dark
My heart in vain negotiates.
Your eyes reflecting pools of light
That tame the fickle hand of Fate.

Sometimes I stumble past you,
In a fog of utter blindness.
But the mist soon clears and it reappears,
Your overwhelming kindness.

-Bruce Potts
Copyright 2008
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

No comments:

Post a Comment

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT The stars in your eyes, love, I tried them on for size. They shone as bright as diamonds, how they mesmerized. And when...