Saturday, February 20, 2010

I'M NOT LONELY

I’M NOT LONELY

Engine roars, my heart’s kickin’,
I’m not lonely, this love’s stickin’.
Your flesh, a stick to the ribs meal.
(I like the way you feel.)

When I’m under you, you mechanic, me car.
Everything we are is sultry and smooth.
(I like the way we groove.)

And so long have I waited for the key to start my trigger.
(my throttle’s getting bigger,
you’re driving me to blowing time.)

The stars in my eyes dance and shine.
(I think I’m getting manic, an incurable romantic.)

And the hair on you, soft against my palms,
Like upholstery on a sleek foreign job.

So glad you’re here, I’m feeling neat,
With sweaty palms and sweaty feet,
And such a fine good lookin’ soul
Like you in the passenger seat.

Let’s put this bed on speed control and cruise without a care,
And crash into the hapless moon, a classic case of laissez-faire.

Engine roars, my heart’s kickin’,
I’m not lonely, this love’s stickin’.
Feel the combustion, sweet man, pull your body tighter.

-Bruce Potts
Copyright 2010
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

No comments:

Post a Comment

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT The stars in your eyes, love, I tried them on for size. They shone as bright as diamonds, how they mesmerized. And when...