Saturday, October 17, 2009

GLORY IN THIS LOVE

GLORY IN THIS LOVE

Splendid vistas everywhere open up before me.
New stars light the autumn sky, the moonlight it adores me.

I am hanging on to you, tight as cling wrap to a sandwich,
Drinking in this newfound bliss, a song that’s sung in perfect pitch.
A shooting star that sizzles through the midnight air.
There’s glory in the universe, I feel it everywhere.

The dark night it is over, deep in the black earth sleeping.
Gone are the days of my heart’s malaise, the sound of my spirit weeping.

You swept in like a calming wind that blows from off the ocean
And sent the demons tumbling far, sinking in slow motion.
My heart beats strains of thankfulness, my spirit sings anew,
My motion sickness fades into the legend grand of me and you.

I’d fly to Paris on a whim and walk those hallowed streets again,
Or London with its fog and rain, a San Francisco trolley train.
All the things we love to do, the magical, the mundane,
Are engraved in gold upon my soul in memories that remain.

Each time we come together to celebrate the day,
The fates conspire to build a fire and steal my breath away.
The splendid vista of your flesh, the thrill of your allure,
The passion it inspires in me, the love that springs so pure.

Splendid vistas everywhere open up before me.
The lark he sings his daylight praise, the sunlight it adores me.
I cling to you tightly, saran wrap to a sandwich,
I close my eyes and there you are, a song that’s sung in perfect pitch.
You are my shooting star that glimmers in the daylight fair.
There’s glory in this love of ours, I feel it everywhere.

-Bruce Potts
Copyright 2008
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

No comments:

Post a Comment

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT The stars in your eyes, love, I tried them on for size. They shone as bright as diamonds, how they mesmerized. And when...