Tuesday, October 20, 2009

BEYOND ALL FEAR

BEYOND ALL FEAR

In the middle of the longest night,
I feel your arms around me tight.
Your lips that dangle blessings,
Your soul that teaches lessons.

And on the road I travel,
Fraught with brick and cobblestone.
The cracks on which I stumble
As I navigate alone.

I feel your eye upon me,
Your witness drawing near.
Stemming thoughts of suicide
And death that sounds its message drear.

And all for which I long,
All for which I dream,
Is somehow intertwined with you
Like ivy leaves of forest green.

And I can feel your skin against my own
Even on those long, long nights
When you’re not there and I’m alone.

The brush of your hand against my chest,
The breath of your lungs caresses my ear,
And my soul at long last takes its rest.
As I hold you close, beyond all fear.

-Bruce Potts
Copyright 2009
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

No comments:

Post a Comment

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT The stars in your eyes, love, I tried them on for size. They shone as bright as diamonds, how they mesmerized. And when...