Thursday, October 15, 2009

YOUR APPARITION

YOUR APPARITION

I saw your apparition in a storefront piece of glass.

I was only window shopping but was startled all the same
To feel so keenly stabbed by the blunt edge of my longing,

Nostalgic echoes sounding as they rained on my parade.

I saw your visage fresh and dear as the day I first beheld you.

Tender and ripped in your leather jacket,
Dangerous in your designer jeans.

You caused me to undress you,
A tide of lust too strong to dam.

The maelstrom of your magnetism
Charged the room like stallions.

I saw your body glistening,
Sweet and fresh from a long, hot shower
Wearing just your Calvin Kleins
Pressed tight against your bulge.

You strode barefoot across the carpet,
My heart did somersaults and splits,
In praise of your erotic stroll, a ra-ra to your sexiness.

I saw your apparition in a dream I had of us,
We were screwing on some phantom beach
In sandals and Bermuda shorts.

It was just a lonely reverie, yet it pierced me all the same.
So I put back on my armor, like the soldier I’d become
And vowed to be more vigilant, as I vainly licked my wounds.

-Bruce Potts
Copyright 2007
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

No comments:

Post a Comment

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT The stars in your eyes, love, I tried them on for size. They shone as bright as diamonds, how they mesmerized. And when...