Monday, July 20, 2009

TO LIVE IN THE WORLD

TO LIVE IN THE WORLD

Proudly I rise to live in the world,
Unencumbered by baggage, the tears of the past.
And build my new life on the wings of a prayer,
A joyous momentum of dreams built to last.

Proudly I rise and labor in peace,
The fruits of my working day rise up to greet me.
And the hammer and sickle prepare me a feast
And the forces of darkness will not defeat me.

Bravely I go to the depths of the forest,
Sweet contemplation alone with the pines.
Happy to live in the shelter of nature,
The gifts of the spirit, water to wine.

Sweetly I live in the lap of your luxury,
Grateful I bathe in the lake of your smile.
A life lived rejoicing, a lonely man rescued,
My hand in yours, we walk the last mile.

Gladly I speak of the well of your blessings,
The God of our Fathers, spirit of peace.
Blithely I breathe in and out with attention,
The flame of the candle my bold centerpiece.

Proudly I rise to live in the world,
Free of my baggage, chains of my past,
And build a new life on the sweet wings of prayer,
A precious momentum of dreams built to last.

-Bruce Potts
Copyright 2008
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

No comments:

Post a Comment

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT The stars in your eyes, love, I tried them on for size. They shone as bright as diamonds, how they mesmerized. And when...