Tuesday, July 21, 2009

SILENCE

SILENCE

Silence fills the night,
I bask in its quiet glow.
After a day that has gotten away,
The quiet overtakes my soul.

Home becomes a sanctuary,
A church, a haven fair.
I meditate by candle flame,
I mouth my grateful prayer.

All the blessings I’ve received,
Gather ‘round like treasured friends.
And spirit fine like vintage wine
Holds sweet compassion for my sins.

Silence fills the morning, I sit cross-legged on the floor,
As I wonder what the day will bring,
What beauties lie in store.

The sun it rises pink and gold,
It states its case with colors bold
And I offer thanks for this brand new day
That Providence has sent my way.

Silence fills the earth, the soldiers have come home,
The wars at last are over, the trials of flesh and bone.
The world it has become a church,
A synagogue, a haven fair.
We dance around the candle flame
And all join hands in prayer.

-Bruce Potts
Copyright 2008
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

No comments:

Post a Comment

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT The stars in your eyes, love, I tried them on for size. They shone as bright as diamonds, how they mesmerized. And when...