Wednesday, May 20, 2009

BEAUTY OF THE PLANET

BEAUTY OF THE PLANET

The kaleidoscope enchants me with its rainbow views,
On a crisp autumn morning of bright and glorious hues.
And the sweet liquid blue that bathes the clouds in splendor.
I taste the beauty of the planet and bask in sweet surrender.

And years ago when my heart was in darkness,
I yearned for the end ‘til I found your sweet face.

Homeless, adrift, lonesome and shaking,
Forgotten by time, abandoned in space.
And when my body failed me and slowed me to a crawl,
You became my destiny, my shining crystal ball.

The kaleidoscope engulfs me with the rainbow of your smile,
The trajectory we travel, each new and treasured mile.
On a chilly autumn evening curled beside you in the night,
Your touch that warms and strengthens and fills my soul with light.
Your love that draws me closer, like the pull of the magnet,
I kiss your tender lips and taste the beauty of the planet.

-Bruce Potts
Copyright 2008
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

No comments:

Post a Comment

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT The stars in your eyes, love, I tried them on for size. They shone as bright as diamonds, how they mesmerized. And when...