Monday, May 18, 2009

ELECTRICAL FIRE

ELECTRICAL FIRE

Call out the engines and rescue trucks
And sound all the alarms.

My soul’s engulfed in mystic flames,
Surrounded by your charms.

I breathe the scent of your cologne,
A sweet intoxication
That sends all reason up in smoke
Despite my protestations.

It sends the flames spiraling, billowing higher,
I’m trapped in the pheromones, lost to desire,
You kiss me and start an electrical fire,
Burning me to a rubble, driving me to distraction,
Laying your body stacked against mine,
My magical man of action.

Call out the pampers and ladder trucks
And rev up the ambulances.
You’ve indulged me in caresses,
Come hither sideways glances.

You’re such a merry arsonist,
Your smile a match to kerosene.
Each curve of flesh a work of art
That borders on obscene.

You send my heart ka-plumping,
A clash of hormones popping,
A chain reaction accident I have no hope of stopping.

I’m a four alarm freak show, walking the wire,
You touch me and start an electrical fire.
Like a car overheating, crashed on the freeway,
You offer no respite and grant me no leeway.

Call out the engines and rescue trucks
While the dangers of love surround me.
A four alarm blaze that sweetens my days
So happy I am that you found me.

-Bruce Potts
Copyright 2008
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

No comments:

Post a Comment

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT The stars in your eyes, love, I tried them on for size. They shone as bright as diamonds, how they mesmerized. And when...