Sunday, June 30, 2024

SHOOTING STARS

SHOOTING STARS 

I see stars erupting, boy 

When I look and watch your lips quake.

Hoping your heart to soar, in mystic configurations

When your flesh is hot upon me.


I see moons floating

Combustion ignites our souls

Fusing them into one entity 

We float together

Erotic astronauts

Naked to the human eye.


Boy, you defy my sense of balance

You defy gravity

Send me reeling with no reason

Into the unfolding of the seasons

And all their revelations that somehow always sing your name

Who would blame ua

If we mounted shooting stars

And rode them past imagination


-Bruce Potts

Copyright 2024

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

No comments:

Post a Comment

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT The stars in your eyes, love, I tried them on for size. They shone as bright as diamonds, how they mesmerized. And when...