Friday, February 16, 2024

LIFE IS JUST A LITTLE SONG AND DANCE

LIFE IS JUST A LITTLE SONG AND DANCE

I do highly suggestive moves

In bare feet and tights 

Upon this grand raised platform

And I think nothing of it


I write grossly suggestive lyrics

And mind my stones and sticks.

And I give it little thought.

I am neither a tool telling tales out of school,

Nor a motley fool from Shakespeare

But I am glad to know you and proud to have your ear.


I am not a bit like you

Never knowing what to do

I am just a lovesick lad

Who is only passing through


I do highly suggestive moves.

My skin-tight costume bulges 

As I sprint across the high wire.

In my soul there slowly grows

A brightly burning fire.


I sail the ashes of past times

To the cold dark vault of my outer mind.

With the present moment I prowl and I prance

I go with the current and leave it to chance

Life is just a little song and dance.


-Bruce Potts

Copyright 2024

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

No comments:

Post a Comment

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT The stars in your eyes, love, I tried them on for size. They shone as bright as diamonds, how they mesmerized. And when...