Sunday, May 28, 2023

THE SHINING DAY

 THE SHINING DAY

Stop awhile and listen,

Watch the water shimmer and glisten

On the skin of blithesome sunbathers,

Taking turns swimming and playing beach ball.

Answering summer's primal call.


From my bed I can see

Sunlight through the Venetian blinds,

Reassurance that life goes on,

For other hearts and other minds,

Life exists beyond the scourge of Parkinson's,

My walking challenges and encroaching disabilities.

From my bed through the blinds I can see enough,

To fill up my head with grandiose stuff.


Stop my friends and listen,

Watch the water glisten off the skin of your lover.

Take a snapshot of this moment in time,

Before the storms of life they come and hover

Sometimes life is indeed a beach,

With hopes and dreams out of reach.

Sometimes it's either sink or swim,

Catering to Fortune's every whim.


I am leaning into this life a day at a time,

Even as Fate turns slowly on a dime

I am cautiously hopeful for the future,

Thankful for each sun ray

That diverts my soul from melancholy,

Directs my gaze to the shining day.


-Bruce Potts

Copyright 2023

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

No comments:

Post a Comment

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT The stars in your eyes, love, I tried them on for size. They shone as bright as diamonds, how they mesmerized. And when...