Monday, December 29, 2014

TIME LAPSE

TIME LAPSE

Monday I was a soldier,
Tuesday I was a singer in a band.
Wednesday I was a healer,
In some impoverished land.

Thursday I was a lover,
Friday I was a king.
Saturday I was a prophet,
Now I am no one and nothing.

Monday I was a fighter,
Tuesday I was a damn good singer.
Wednesday I was a healer.
Thursday I was the king of hearts,
Now I am lost forever.

A time lapse opened its fierce jaws
And devoured my calendar.
Now the days are all the same,
And I am growing older.

Hungry time lapse,
Let me ride on you 'til tomorrow.
Give me a star to straddle,
Tell me a universe riddle,
Send me an hour of glory.

-Bruce Potts
Revised Copyright 2014
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

No comments:

Post a Comment

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT The stars in your eyes, love, I tried them on for size. They shone as bright as diamonds, how they mesmerized. And when...