Wednesday, December 31, 2014

QUIET MOMENTS OF REPOSE

QUIET MOMENTS OF REPOSE

To live a life of stillness, 
To answer to the voice within,
To walk amid the teeming forest, 
The kinship of the Zen.
To keep alive these memories sweet, 
Encased in my suit of tin.

My body stiff as a corpse in waiting,
My soul begins its levitating,
The door to heaven hesitating,
Whether it should let me in,
Or kick me swiftly back to Earth
To wallow in my sin.

A piece of holy contraband,
My future rests in God's firm hand.

To live a life of beauty, 
Absorbed in the birds and flowers,
Bathed in all the wonderment,
I wander lost for hours.

The stoic fragrance of the rose,
That tickles pink the willing nose.

And all my senses gratified,
My joy in living ratified,
As to the future no one knows.

But all I ask is peace in stillness,
And quiet moments of repose.

-Bruce Potts
Revised Copyright 2014
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

No comments:

Post a Comment

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT The stars in your eyes, love, I tried them on for size. They shone as bright as diamonds, how they mesmerized. And when...