Friday, June 13, 2014

THE RESERVOIR IS DEEP

THE RESERVOIR IS DEEP

The road is long and dusty,
Our throats are cracked and dry,
But the passion that I feel for you,
Is etched upon the sky.

In bright cascading colors,
It burns eternally.
Combustion that ignites the spark
In lasting chemistry.

Our love will age with a lasting grace
In sweet familiarity,
We will look back on our foibles
With amusement and hilarity.

And we will have the wherewithal
To gather up our forces,
When the waves crash hard against our vessel,
Strong will be our fortress.

I have no fear of losing you,
To the siren song of other men,
Whose voices join to drown out mine
With a high and mighty din.

My tongue will not fall silent,
I will tell the world with pride,
The thrill that races through me,
When we're walking side by side.

I will rise and shower you,
With words and deeds so tender,
And lay my head upon your chest,
And sleep in calm surrender.

For the road is crazed and serpentine,
The hills are harsh and steep.
But passion rushes in these veins,
And the reservoir is deep.

So never doubt as years fly by,
As swift as waterfalls,
My heart will always bend to you,
And heed your beck and call.

-Bruce Potts
Revised Copyright 2014
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

No comments:

Post a Comment

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT The stars in your eyes, love, I tried them on for size. They shone as bright as diamonds, how they mesmerized. And when...