Saturday, December 28, 2013

SHOUT OF DAWN

SHOUT OF DAWN

Wake up, my love, for you were lost,
On a wild and reckless sea were tossed.
I have heard your forlorn tears revolving in my dreams,
Shaking me to my very core, like some strange Pandora's box.
And I alas am not afraid for I am mighty and I am huge,
I am Aurora, your light, passion and refuge,
Counting off the days that pass on your calendars and clocks.

I say to the sun, let's have some fun,
Before the brand new day's begun.
Let us whistle a mischievous tune
And play a nasty trick on the moon.
Let's shoot him in the eye,
Knock him from the sky.
Stage a coup, play all the parts,
Shoot him with a quiver of darts,
It's an offer that you can't refuse,
To shake off my divine goddess blues.

The moon he'll take vengeance in 24 hours,
When we're tired and disgruntled, at the ebb of our powers,
He'll zap us away and in time we'll get ours.
He'll vanish us from sweet light's fountain,
Send us careening beneath purple mountains.
Puffing up his moonly chest, full of his mighty worth.
But for now, let's wave our magic wands,
And daintily light the lamp of the earth.

The moon may not know it, for i don't often show it,
But I am the victor and the spoils they are mine.
Like the dew on the lawn my signature spawn,
The wineskins they issue a new native wine.
Drunk on his glory the moon slinks away,
The dark night is vanished into the new day.
The moon all in all is a cowardly chap,
Who runs from the sound of my mighty bitch slap.

The moon is but a vainglorious fool,
Dark with mischief and quite unschooled.
We're smarter and much faster,
Our wings they flutter gracefully, pools of alabaster.
The darkness it cannot, shall not last,
Just a relic from a worn out past.
The hills echo with promise and shiver with fever,
So light your final candle with your hand upon the lever.
And chase away the demons, screaming to the abyss.
Your marksman's aim is always true, there's no way you can miss.

Wake up, you lost ones, and get a move on,
Listen to the new day's song, heed the shout of dawn.
I drive my chariot loud and proud, across your troubled skies,
Creating a new and brighter day with my alchemy and dyes.
Though it all appears so useless, life is more than what it seems,
I have heard your forlorn tears revolving in my dreams.
I am Aurora, hear to grant your fondest wishes.
I shower you with warm, sweet light,
I summon you with gentle, golden kisses.

-Bruce Potts
Copyright 2013
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

No comments:

Post a Comment

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT The stars in your eyes, love, I tried them on for size. They shone as bright as diamonds, how they mesmerized. And when...