Saturday, March 16, 2013

IMAGINATION

IMAGINATION

Don't leave me to my imagination solely.
Those black curls make me breathe less cozily.
That smile ignites my testosterone supply.

They tell me I am wicked,
Though I've never understood just why,
And lately I've been confused
As to how a good man can suddenly turn so evil.

Don't leave me to my imagination solely,
These new aching feelings I long to explore.
For the first time in this lonely life I know what sex is for.
I confess I've watched you sleeping,
Dreamed of feeling your body warm against mine.
Last time I checked that wasn't a crime.
Your coal black hair and soulful brown eyes,
Your lips oh how they hypnotize,
Luscious pools of a dream come true,
i could recklessly dive into.

Don't leave me to my imagination only,
The life of the fancy can get mighty lonely.
Give a furtive look my way, the crowning glory of my day.
Open your arms, spread your legs, welcome me to glory,
Be the happy ending to this sad boy's anguished story.
I watch your biceps and your triceps flex,
Wanting those muscles wrapped around my own.
I feel my body relax into your weight,
It sounds to me like fate.

Don't leave me to my imagination alone,
Deep into your open arms, my fancy it has flown,
Your spirit lightens every mile,
Your walk a dream to treasure,
To think of you it makes me smile,
And fills me with sweet pleasure.

Don't leave me to my imagination solely.
Destiny waits in your skillful hands, completely and so wholly.
You make me tremble, leave me numb,
Yet here I stand, both deaf and dumb,
Wishing I had just a modicum of oratorical grace,
Not just dreams and visions of your sleeping face.

Don't leave me to my imagination and its scars,
My field of visions helpless as a mass of prison bars.
I sometimes wish I could tell you,
But my friends tell me not to spend all my secrets at once.
And meanwhile your smile ignites my testosterone supply.
Don't ask me why.

-Bruce Potts
Copyright 2013
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

Note: Kyle is a blond, so this poem obviously predates my finding the love of my life. This is a rewrite of a lustful poem I wrote for a muse of mine that I never actually met, after my coming out in college circa 1983.

No comments:

Post a Comment

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT The stars in your eyes, love, I tried them on for size. They shone as bright as diamonds, how they mesmerized. And when...