Saturday, November 5, 2011

JUST YOU AND ME AND THE COMFORTER

JUST YOU AND ME AND THE COMFORTER

Cold and icy winter morning, roads as slick as glass,
Stuck at home for the duration as the snow keeps falling fast.

This bedroom that we know so well, a haven from the storm.
A past that does not melt away but strengthens at the core.

It never fails to amaze, the bright and wondrous way,
The way in which you hold me and love me in this time.
The way in which you see the world, the way your hand caresses mine.
The way in which you navigate the stormy seas we sail along,
The way you turn each wayward day into a gentle song.

Freezing air that coats the spirit, that turns the blue sky gray,
Just you and me and the comforter, warm on a winter’s day.

The snow it pours for what seems like years,
And the tears and sorrows multiply.
But do not mourn for the sun appears,
Like a welcome stranger in the sky.

The arctic air it freezes, and tosses us around,
We lose the things we thought we gained,
They fall like lead to the stony ground.
But always there is your skin so smooth,
I’ve memorized the outline.
I know each curve and ligature of your body so divine.

Here in all our warmth and glory, shrouded in this peace,
This cozy blanket over us, this undemanding fleece.
It never fails to soothe and comfort, your love it still astounds,
So let the snow do what it will with its gently falling sounds.

Sometimes the world in its wounded fury hurls us to the earth.
We long to find our lovely Eden, land of our rebirth.
But for now tonight your love’s enough to hold me in its sway.
Just you and me and the comforter at the close of another day.

-Bruce Potts
Copyright 2011
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Bruce... hope it was a good one.
    Two sleeps 'til mine. I too have a disease :) nothing too serious, but it has had it's moments. Take care and thank you for visiting with me.
    It's lovely here, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for checking in with me, Robyn! My birthday was beautiful. Thanks for asking. So far 50 is no different than 49. From my lips to God's ears!

    ReplyDelete

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT The stars in your eyes, love, I tried them on for size. They shone as bright as diamonds, how they mesmerized. And when...