Thursday, August 18, 2011

SWEET INFINITY

SWEET INFINITY

(FOR KYLE, HAPPY 10TH!)

Here in your arms, I take my sacred rest.

Sheltered from the madcap world,
My head upon your chest.

With you I share a history,
both commonplace and sweet,

In the siren song of midnight,
you’re a refuge and retreat.

So many mutual memories
that gather ‘round like friendly ghosts,
Gentle apparitions of the times I treasure most.

Rockin’ out to Blondie,
Janis, Judy, Joan.

Acoustically, electrically,
How our love has grown.

Splashing in the ocean, rejoicing in the surf,
Late night loving, carnal joy, our bodies precious turf.

Exotic destinations, Paris, London, Rome,
The bliss of San Francisco,
The cozy glow of home.

The years bolt by like speeding trains,
The golden flame burns strong,
Each breath of life a treasure trove
Since you’ve come along.

Here in your arms, we share a sacred trust,
Hiding from Goliath, just the both of us.

And all my sadness parted, you’re the Moses to my sea,
As love erupts forever into sweet infinity.

-Bruce Potts
Copyright 2011
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

Author's Note: Today Kyle and I celebrate our tenth anniversary as a couple. We had our first date on August 18, 2001. Too bad we can't get MARRIED, but I'll get off my political high horse and just say thank you to Kyle for ten wonderful years. Love ya, honey.

1 comment:

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT The stars in your eyes, love, I tried them on for size. They shone as bright as diamonds, how they mesmerized. And when...