Saturday, August 13, 2011

SEARCH FOR ECSTASY

SEARCH FOR ECSTASY

Someone help me here and now,
For I have lost the ecstasy.

I do not know the rhyme scheme of my pilgrimage,
The winding road map of my journey.

My tired veins bulge with angry blood.

For I do not know my place,
A lonesome man in a lonesome space.

I do not know a savior to set my spirit free,
I am adrift on the sands that shift.
Floating on a reckless sea, where I have lost the ecstasy.

Someone help me free the blinding rage I feel,
May my lost and lovely kingdom come,
Save me from my martyrdom.
Let my trials and worries end,
Send me a savior and a friend.

For I have fallen out of fashion,
Someone help me find the passion.
Unlock this dungeon and this prison,
Someone help me light the vision,
The milk of human kindness poured
Into this weary waste of a dream
That sleeps in me unexplored.

Someone help me here and now,
In this search for the man in the robe.
Someone help me fight the fight,
All across this dangerous globe.

Someone help me here and now
Open my eyes and let me see,
And light the latent fire in me,
Let it burn both bright and free
To end this search for ecstasy.

-Bruce Potts
Copyright 2011
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

1 comment:

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT The stars in your eyes, love, I tried them on for size. They shone as bright as diamonds, how they mesmerized. And when...