Saturday, July 9, 2011

BLEEDING LAVENDER

BLEEDING LAVENDER

In the sweet cocoon of evening,
I lay my head slow on your shoulder.

And night holds still to a pregnant pause
To smash the hourglass and rain down the sand.

And my love bleeds lavender,
color of the springtime flowers.

I swim in the magic and wonder,
The forgetfulness of these precious hours.

You lie in a bubble beside me,
Your arms on my shoulders,

A gentle squeeze that pushes through
The sundry aches and pains of day.

My worries like a bag of boulders quickly melt away.

And my dreams sing lavender, all the pastel marvel,
The magic dewdrops on the flowers.

I breathe the heady fragrance of this romance that is ours.

-Bruce Potts
Copyright 2011
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

No comments:

Post a Comment

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT The stars in your eyes, love, I tried them on for size. They shone as bright as diamonds, how they mesmerized. And when...