Saturday, April 16, 2011

YOU ARE FAR AWAY

YOU ARE FAR AWAY

You are, alas, a brooding man, and often hard to reach.
Not to say that life with me is any walk along the beach.

But I feel I’m always failing you, impotence in bed and out,
And you are far away from me, I have no wisdom and no clout.

Do you stay with me because you care
Or only just to cut my hair,
And have someone to travel with to places you have longed to see?
All I know for sure is you’re an enigma and a mystery.

I lend no comfort with my words, I have no wisdom in your eyes.
Just some old and faltering man who needs your constant care.
Yet sometimes you’re so far away you’re scarcely even there.

And yet I love you more than life, I only want the same from you.
To feel your sweet and tender lips embrace my famous dirty kiss.
And not feel like a sinking ship, rudderless on frozen seas.
Useless both in bed and out, a broken limb from off the tree.

You are, alas, a wise old soul, melancholy, staid
And I know you know I need you just to make it through the day.
And somehow I wish I really knew, what it was drove me to you.

What was all the fuss about, that bade you join your hand in mine?
How was I some diamond gleaming, how was I some special find?

The questions linger, tears cascade, they rain down hard on my parade,
And the answers blow in the summer wind, with you so far away.

-Bruce Potts
Copyright 2011
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

No comments:

Post a Comment

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT The stars in your eyes, love, I tried them on for size. They shone as bright as diamonds, how they mesmerized. And when...