Monday, March 28, 2011

LICK AND A PROMISE

LICK AND A PROMISE

The pole it hangs invitingly, in lavish splendor over me,
And it’s not that I don’t recognize, that look of longing in your eyes.
But tonight that pole is out of reach, and I am stiff as you are randy.
I’ll pull a phrase from my mother’s day, a phrase that I’ve kept handy.

Let me give you a lick and a promise and then just let it go,
Perhaps tomorrow I will feel more like the Full Monty and the Big O.
But tonight I’d rather lose myself in the velvet comfort of these sheets,
Against the sinews of your arms, around me soft and sweet.

I’ll give you a lick and a promise to your bulbous lollipop.
To ravish you forever and to never, ever stop.
But sometimes even electrodes and pills,
Just aren’t enough to cure my ills,
And on those times when full blown would be super duper nice.
But such protracted pleasure is just not in the dice,
It’s times like these that a lick and a promise more than will suffice.

Your body teases, tantalizes, tempts me with its pose,
From your dirty golden hair to your sweet and precious toes.
And smack in the middle of all of this, this magic little stick,
Ga-Ga says it’s a disco, but I think that’s just her shtick.
But can I give it a lick and a promise, a promise that’s dyed in the wool,
That one night soon I will gladly ride you like that mechanical bull.
That mechanical bull in the cowboy saloon, the one that goes v-room, v-room.
Like a cowboy I am coming for you, sometime very soon.

But tonight, let’s just give it a lick and a promise,
This love affair is never a one night stand.
When the pills kick in I’ll be happy to dive right in,
And take your Situation well in hand.
Tonight just let me snuggle, beneath the stubble on your chin,
And dream of us in Paradise, sleeping next to your velvet skin.

-Bruce Potts
Copyright 2011
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

2 comments:

  1. Have you considered publishing an eBook of your writings? Smashwords.com will get you out there.... my book is sitting with my editor (my wife) and she isn't always making the best progress. At times she glares at me and says, "who's the bitch with the blue eyes"... well if I'm ever published I might be single again after 30 years. '-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never heard of Smashwords. That's a new one for me. It all comes down to what I can afford, which is next to nothing as I sit and wait for social security disability to decide my fate. I'll have to check them out! Thanks, Dave!
    BTW, who IS the bitch with the blue eyes? -Bruce

    ReplyDelete

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT The stars in your eyes, love, I tried them on for size. They shone as bright as diamonds, how they mesmerized. And when...