Monday, March 28, 2011

JUST OUTSIDE THE COMFORT ZONE

JUST OUTSIDE THE COMFORT ZONE

I’m standing just outside your door, begging you to let me in,
To the wonderland of your embrace, the silky contours of your skin.
Here I stand, lost and alone, just outside my comfort zone.
The comfort zone that’s etched upon each line upon your face,
That pulls me in like a magnet to a warm and welcome place.

The world is bitter when you walk alone, freezing cold and miles from home.
And home is where you live with me, a treasured place for me to be.
This place is most secure, filled with your affection pure.
And I pass the hours midst the flowers, in a love that’s strong and sure.

I’m standing just outside your door, begging you to please forgive,
The twisted, tangled world of woe, the fog in which I live.
The times my thoughts have turned morose, my loose lips turned verbose,
You are my calm, my healing balm, the one I love the most.

Eager to receive your smile, that soothes and shelters all the while,
Eager to come inside, where your arms are close and open wide.
Where your lips beg to touch and linger with mine,
A song that is sung with a bit of tongue, go ahead and cross that line.
For me there will be no going back, you are the missing piece I’ve lacked,
And all around you emanates, the sweet fulfillment of my fate.

Once I stood a man alone, far outside my comfort zone,
Until you came and thrilled me with your kind and tender song
And drew me in like a long lost friend, to the place I now belong.

-Bruce Potts
Copyright 2011
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

No comments:

Post a Comment

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT The stars in your eyes, love, I tried them on for size. They shone as bright as diamonds, how they mesmerized. And when...