Monday, March 28, 2011

CUTEST GUY

CUTEST GUY
(FOR KYLE)

The cutest guy I’d ever seen,
I found amid the pages of a gay male catalogue.
He seemed so quiet and unassuming,
But enveloped my mind in a lustful fog.

And as a late bloomer who had never known love,
A man of 37 who had never been kissed.
I on a whim decided it was time
To discover true love and all I had missed.

So, okay, it wasn’t a catalog, more like a dating game,
And my mind it wandered to the beauty of his name.
And though I never imagined myself with a gentleman named Kyle,
I thought of this sexy man with his grace and all his style.
So I swallowed the bullet, for he wasn’t cheap,
Almost two thousand dollars, I’m glad he wasn’t a creep,
Or a blond haired, blue-eyed pervert, sent by Satan to break my heart,
And rob me of my hard earned cash that was to be my retirement stash.

The night we met I will never forget, there in his luxury town home,
We went to Bob Evans for dinner,
A little early in the game for hands to start to roam.
He was charming, he was sweet, he made my days complete,
Never thought I’d meet a man who’d make me want to tweet.
But alas, these were days long before Twitter,
These were the Dark Ages, don’t forget, although I am not bitter.
I wanted him to take me home and eat me like an apple fritter.

It was a night I shan’t forget, he taught me how to minuet,
Okay, that was out of line, but it was a cheap and easy rhyme.
But later on we did go to France, though never did we actually dance.
Dancing for me an impossibility, unless I want to break my neck.
So I said I was tarred, played the Parkinson’s card, I figured what the heck.

He’s the cutest guy I’d ever seen and we’re together to this day,
Two boring serial monogamists going our merry way.
Ever since that fateful day with the gay male catalog.
When the cutest one I’d ever seen, enveloped my mind in a lustful fog.

-Bruce Potts
Copyright 2011
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

No comments:

Post a Comment

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT The stars in your eyes, love, I tried them on for size. They shone as bright as diamonds, how they mesmerized. And when...