Monday, March 28, 2011

CROSSES TO BARE

CROSSES TO BARE

Let me bare my crosses tenderly for you,
Let me toss my travails in your general direction.
Let me bask in your attentions true,
Here in my room of right reflection.

And you can bare your crosses too,
And I will hang on every word,
And perhaps we’ll both feel just like new,
At long last understood and heard.

At times I feel so all alone, I scarcely leave this lovely home.
Sometimes it feels I’m losing ground, no friends or family around.
I feel bereft of human speech, my words they stammer and they slur,
I need someone to read my lips, the world becomes a blur.

Let me bare my crosses, I am surely not alone.
Adrift upon the lonesome sea, a misfit on his throne.
A has-been or a wannabe, come my heroes now to me,
And rest with me for just awhile, a respite from life’s lonely mile.

At times I feel I’ve lost the dream, ripped apart right at the seams,
I cannot remember my own name, I do not know just who’s to blame.
The better part of life is darkness, cold and damp and soggy.
The Zoloft barely makes a dent, just turns my poor brain foggy.

And disappointments mount, disappointments maim,
Disappointment I know like the back of my hand,
It’s become my middle name.
And people that I’ve trusted who I thought were true,
Have turned to phantoms from my past and vanished into blue.

Let me bare my crosses, naked as their day of birth,
And curse the misbegotten day on which I landed on this earth.
And let me wake to a world that understands my plight
Help me bear my crosses as I limp into that final night.

-Bruce Potts
Copyright 2011
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

No comments:

Post a Comment

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT The stars in your eyes, love, I tried them on for size. They shone as bright as diamonds, how they mesmerized. And when...