Saturday, January 22, 2011

SERIOUS ABSURDITIES

SERIOUS ABSURDITIES

Come, my lovely flower,
Let us tiptoe through the tulips
And sip our mint juleps.

I know you’re feeling kind of creepy,
Tearful and a little weepy.
But don’t dismiss me in your haste,
For that would be a sinful waste.

And though you’re feeling bluesy,
Down and out and a little woozy,
Hold on to your inch of rope,
For I am here to help you cope.

Dance out on a piece of sky,
Forget about the how and why.
We are creatures born to die,
Yet we are eagles set to fly.

Dance with me along a silly skyline,
To make things just a bit more fine.
Put your forefinger around my pinky,
And we’ll do something kind of kinky.

We shall dance a sacred circle,
Throw our hat in the nonsense ring.
Our lives in all their weirdities are serious absurdities
That do not mean a thing.

-Bruce Potts
Copyright 2011
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

No comments:

Post a Comment

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT The stars in your eyes, love, I tried them on for size. They shone as bright as diamonds, how they mesmerized. And when...