Saturday, August 7, 2010

PIERCING EVERY BUBBLE

PIERCING EVERY BUBBLE

Cruising on a bad patch, on a slippery road,
I drove into a snow bank, losing all control.

Saw you in my rear view, gathering up the rubble,
Leaving me with nothing to show for all my trouble.

At the end of a winding hall, I saw you in your judge’s gown.
You clutched a piece of parchment and you waved it up and down.

Pronouncing sentence in a monotone on the thrills our hearts did seek,
Condemning me with withered stares from upon your mountain peak.

On a slippery slope I climbed to greet you,
With wounded hands that cracked and bled,

Broken glass lodged in my hair, the shards encased my head.

You looked at me accusingly, a scornful furious gaze,
Venom dripping from your eyes, your ruby lips ablaze.

You hissed that I’d betrayed you, you thundered from your throne
And the weak excuse I offered up, it left you cold as stone.

A lover’s penance you demanded, nothing more and nothing less,
And like a vagrant I was stranded, lost in emptiness.

Cruising on a bad patch, on a slippery road,
I launched into a snow bank, losing all control.

Saw you in the distance, searching through the rubble,
Stomping on my every dream, piercing every bubble.

-Bruce Potts
Copyright 2010
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

No comments:

Post a Comment

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT The stars in your eyes, love, I tried them on for size. They shone as bright as diamonds, how they mesmerized. And when...