Thursday, December 24, 2009

OUR LOVE RENEWS AGAIN

OUR LOVE RENEWS AGAIN
(FOR KYLE)

Walking alone in the frosty hours of a pre-dawn Christmas Eve,
I saw but one lone star above and swore it shone for you and me.

Our Christmas union fills my dreams,
And like a child on that beauteous day,
My heart it melts in sweet desire
For all the kindness you’ve conveyed.

And Christmas bells they sound so sweet
And through the New Year linger.
For this sacred day our union’s sealed
As I place this ring upon your finger.

No empty gesture lost inside the merriment of the season.
My soul has found its calm repose, my life its shining reason.
And solemn as a wedding vow is the promise that I make you now.
To love and honor, to stand by you, forever come what may.
To give to you my life, my heart, on this our blissful day.

To forsake all others and cleave to you, my one and only lover.
My confidante, my treasured friend, a comrade like no other.

The lights that twinkle on our tree, the lights that twinkle everywhere,
Will live inside this heart of mine, both this night and forever.
A love that shines atop the pines, bright as that lone pre-dawn star,
My soulmate and my compass dear, to guide me near and far.

Happy day, my darling man, midst the wrappings and the Christmas tins.
For now each year as the yuletide sings, our love renews again.

-Bruce Potts
Copyright 2008
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Bruce! I just tried to post a comment to you and I lost the Internet. :(

    I love your wedding and Christmas poems. It sounds like you and Kyle are doing great and I'm very, very happy for you.

    Your poetry is just delightful. Keep writing forever and ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the kind words, Betsy. Hope you have a happy 2010! The Parkinson's is making typing a little bit harder lately, so there may be fewer posts in 2010, but I promise to post once a week or so! I hope you're still writing poetry, because I sure do love Splitting the Earth!

    ReplyDelete

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT The stars in your eyes, love, I tried them on for size. They shone as bright as diamonds, how they mesmerized. And when...