Sunday, November 1, 2009

CLEAR WATER

CLEAR WATER

So good to feel your clear water,
Lapping lazily over me.

Such a treat to rest my hand
With tender feeling on your knee.

So precious do I find these moments,
Hiding soft in your embrace.

Time stands still in the windowsill,
Framed in the fold of your kindly face.

So golden as a waking dream
is my reward in loving you.

So holy, like a sermon preached
that echoes through and through.

So stunning is the vista,
So breathtaking the view,

The stain-glassed windows to your soul,
Your eyes a sparkling blue.

So good to feel your aura,
That enwraps me like an afghan,
A comforter, a lovely rug,
Solid ground on which to stand.

So kind that you should spend the time
To conjure words of healing,
And bend to kiss my desert lips,
Chapped and cracked and peeling.

So fine to know your sunshine,
In these downcast days of rain.
A verse that chimes in perfect time,
A toe-tapping refrain.

So good to feel your clear water,
Lapping lazily over me,
A sparkling spring, a bubbling brook,
The promise of eternity.

-Bruce Potts
Copyright 2007
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

No comments:

Post a Comment

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT The stars in your eyes, love, I tried them on for size. They shone as bright as diamonds, how they mesmerized. And when...