Sunday, October 25, 2009

MOTHER NATURE'S SHOW

MOTHER NATURE’S SHOW

I yearn to pace the forest floor,
The dried leaves crunching beneath my feet,

Flora and fauna all around me,
Mother Nature’s patterns sweet.

The handsome deer that roam the woods,
Gentle and so full of grace.

The cardinal and the robin red,
Lend subtle magic to this place.

The possum and the grizzly bear
That prowl in all their glory.

The hoot owl in the trees at night
Who belts his lonesome story.

The squirrels agile at their games,
The skunk so downright smelly,
The lizards and the reptiles rare
That crawl upon their bellies.

I yearn to pace the forest floor and cast my sidelong gazes.
To drink the very stuff of life, lost in all the mazes.
Of creatures that creep in the stillness of day,
Eyes gleaming brightly, stalking their prey.

The circle of life, touting its mystery,
Raining down on me elaborate history.

I yearn to pace the forest floor, traipsing to and fro,
The curtain rising high and proud on Mother Nature’s show.

-Bruce Potts
Copyright 2007
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

No comments:

Post a Comment

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT The stars in your eyes, love, I tried them on for size. They shone as bright as diamonds, how they mesmerized. And when...