Tuesday, October 6, 2009

GLORIOUS MORNING

GLORIOUS MORNING

In the daylight I come face to face
With the demons in my mirror.

The camouflage of night dissolves
And vision becomes clearer.

The dew is on the morning grass,
The sunrise violet paints the sky.

A glorious morning rises forth
And fear and anguish fly.

You are in my thoughts this day,
With every thorn there comes a rose.

You are with me in my labor sweet
And in my soft repose.

I tremble deep in the restless night
And pray for evening clouds to lift,
As murky darkness lays its trap,
Powerful and swift.

Not illness nor infirmity, nor the ravages of age,
Can dim my eyes from the Book of Life,
Each frail and yellowed page.

Your love I carry with me, your countenance, your smile.
Your grace, your class, your eloquence,
Your dashing sense of style.

In the daylight I face down my demons,
Like David fought Goliath,
And angels hearken to my side,
To join me in my triumph.

Not death nor terrors unforeseen,
Can overtake a joyful soul,
A glorious morning rises forth,
And hopefulness takes hold.

-Bruce Potts
Copyright 2007
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

No comments:

Post a Comment

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT The stars in your eyes, love, I tried them on for size. They shone as bright as diamonds, how they mesmerized. And when...