Monday, October 5, 2009

ANOTHER PRECIOUS DAY

ANOTHER PRECIOUS DAY

I limp along the bowered path, I trip along the trail.
A power bar for breakfast, yet I’m sluggish as a snail.

Another restless night goes by, I’m hungry for the morn,
I wake to gentle music, eyes open in the dawn.

I dress and then I’m out the door, blessed music fills the car.

I scan the papers, sipping coffee, sunrise fills the rear view mirror.
Cinnamon and hazelnut, the caffeine hits my brain.

I down synthetic dopamine to soothe and calm my shaking,
Then rain or shine I’m off to work, life is for the taking

I see my friends, I take my pills and try to get some work done,
To see the humor in my plight, the mischief and the fun.

Lunch comes oh, so quickly, blessed music fills the car.
I close my eyes and meditate on what else lies in store.

The afternoon progresses and six o’clock draws nigh.
My true love waits at home for me, his arms are open wide.

We go to dinner happily, to hear his sweet voice soothes me,
And later as we lie in bed, he knows just how to move me.

His every groove is magic, a tune my flesh remembers,
Our love a brilliant phoenix arising from the embers.

We kill the lights, our bodies spoon, I kiss the hairs upon his neck.
Fingers intertwined with his, I cherish every second.

It’s more than I could ask for, as I limp along the way.
The sunset melts into the sky, another precious day.

-Bruce Potts
Copyright 2007
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

No comments:

Post a Comment

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT The stars in your eyes, love, I tried them on for size. They shone as bright as diamonds, how they mesmerized. And when...