Friday, September 18, 2009

UNREQUITED

UNREQUITED

I sent Death a fan letter, he did not answer me,
I sent him some flowers, a token of my esteem.
Apparently be was busy elsewhere, perhaps he wasn’t home.
My flowers withered on his doorstep, untended and alone.

I asked Death to take me to the prom, and he smiled apologetically,
as if to say politely he was not that into me.
and so I sat in my lonely room, filled with bitterness and gloom.

Death then threw a lavish party, and I was not invited,
It is the story of my life, love always unrequited.

I then asked Death to snatch me and to take me from this world,
For I had had enough of sorrow, could not bear to face tomorrow.
Was tired of the wretched earth kicking sand up in my face.
I was feeling quite a failure and the ultimate disgrace.
I phoned Death in a panic, asking what was wrong,
Why the time of my demise was taking him so long.

But Death alas had had enough and would not return my calls,
He sent to me his lawyers, irreconcilable differences cited.
Another dreaded evening falls, my love still unrequited.

-Bruce Potts
Copyright 2009
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

No comments:

Post a Comment

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT The stars in your eyes, love, I tried them on for size. They shone as bright as diamonds, how they mesmerized. And when...