Saturday, August 15, 2009

NEVER-ENDING HONEYMOON

NEVER-ENDING HONEYMOON

When I look into your eyes so deep,
Reflecting pools of a journey shared.

The path we’ve traveled hand in hand,
The gold and silver stairs.

I see a rippling brook refreshing,
Sweeping across the water bed
And I stop to thank the angels sweet
For blessings heaped upon my head.

Eight short years have come and gone
Since first I met your countenance
And synchronized your steps with mine
With the power held in that first glance.

The gentle care you’ve shown for me
Echoes deep in memory.
Your soothing of uncertainties,
Your balm in times of trouble.

The way you found the diamond glow
In my soul’s forgotten rubble.

Eight short years have come and gone,
Since the night you first made love to me.
And still the thrill gives me a rush,
When fingers meet and bodies touch.

To lie beside you in the night, naked as my day of birth
And feel my flesh meld soft with yours, the sweetest joy on earth.

I watch you as you lift your weights,
I listen as you share your day.
Each piece of you ignites a spark,
Each inch of you I celebrate.

When I look into your eyes so deep,
Like an infant venturing from the womb,
I marvel how our lives connect,
A springtime garden in full bloom.

How after all the seeds we’ve planted,
I should be taking you for granted.
How my time with you shoots by too soon,
A never-ending honeymoon.

-Bruce Potts
Copyright 2006
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Today, Kyle and I celebrare our eighth year anniversary. I love him more than ever, as I hope is evident in this poem!

No comments:

Post a Comment

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT The stars in your eyes, love, I tried them on for size. They shone as bright as diamonds, how they mesmerized. And when...