Monday, August 10, 2009

MELTING IN THE SUN

MELTING IN THE SUN

The world is melting ‘neath a sweltering sun.
Now I know how Hell must feel.
Sweating, stinking, stale sardines,
Pickled in vinegar, Satan’s meal.

The earth is slipping into perpetual heat,
And August is burning down the town.
I’d sell my soul for some sweet AC,
In perspiration I do drown.

Like my favorite wicked witch,
I am combustible and just might explode.
Or more like drip until I drop,
Of my own heat I will implode.

If I had a choice, I think it would be nice,
To end the world with pelting ice.
At least in my current frame of mind,
That turn of fate would be just fine.

I guess I’d better mend my ways,
I guess I’d better change my tune.
I better make my peace with God,
And I’d better make it soon.

The world is melting in the sun,
My life is slowly burning down.
And all that’s left my witch’s hat,
Smoldering on the thirsty ground.

-Bruce Potts
Copyright 2009
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

No comments:

Post a Comment

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT The stars in your eyes, love, I tried them on for size. They shone as bright as diamonds, how they mesmerized. And when...