Monday, June 29, 2009

RADIANT

RADIANT

It is a brand new splendiferous day,
The sun melting my flesh in its well meaning way.

And your arms are around me,
Out the door goes my pain.

Dissolving into air, leaving nothing there,
But your radiant smile,
A clearing after a late night rain.

You could not shine brighter if you tried,
The world is young for you and I,
A carousel of painted ponies,
Come join me on life’s bumpy ride.

As we go through time together,
Facing calm and stormy weather,
Perhaps we can graduate to the ferris wheel
And the Tilt-a-Whirl.

As the years go by your radiance will blind me like a pearl.
And perhaps you’ll seek and find, the subtle radiance that is mine.

But in the meantime your arms are around me,
And I am satisfied.

And I could not love you any more,
As hard as I might try.

-Bruce Potts
Copyright 2008
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

No comments:

Post a Comment

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT The stars in your eyes, love, I tried them on for size. They shone as bright as diamonds, how they mesmerized. And when...